This is an in-person class. All class instructors and participants are asked to adhere to Inova’s COVID-19 safety guidelines:
1. Masks are required at all times. Gaiter style masks, vented masks and bandanas are not effective face coverings and are not allowed at any Inova location.
2. Couples attending class will sit one couple per table with tables spaced 6 feet apart.
3. Class participants will be required to use hand-sanitizer upon entering the classroom.
4. Class participants will be screened (asked about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure) upon entering the classroom.
This is a must-have class for expectant parents. A skilled instructor introduces baby care basics and walks parents through hands-on practice.
- Topics include:
- What to expect from your new infant
- Holding and swaddling
- Bathing and diapering
- Sleeping and safety
- Parents who plan to breastfeed should take a separate Breastfeeding class.
- 1 class session, 3 hours long
- Cost: $79
- Class fee includes participant and one adult partner. Partners/coaches are encouraged to attend.
Inova Well also offers a wide variety of fitness classes that are open to the community, including Prenatal Yoga. For a full listing of Inova Well fitness classes click here.
When you attend a childbirth education class with Inova Well, you know you are going to receive:
- Reliable, research and experienced based information
- An intimate environment where you can feel comfortable asking all your questions
- Compassionate instructors with many years of experience taking care of moms and babies
- Classes scheduled for days and times that are tailored to your busy life
- All the quality and standards you expect from the Inova Health System
Lower Level Classrooms 1 and 2Instructor:
Kathryn BurnhamWho should enroll:
Expectant mothers ages 18 and older. Children are not permitted in class. Your registration allows for one adult partner to attend the class with you. Area of Interest:
Childbirth EducationLocation notes:
Our new location is across the street from the Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency RoomParking notes:
Plenty of free parking - do not park in reserved spacesPublic transportation:
Please click here
to read the Cancellation, Refund, Transfer & Weather Policy.Weather policy:
Information about cancellations due to inclement weather or an area emergency can be obtained by calling the Inova Well weather hotline at 703-698-2444
. Class cancellations do not always follow local public school closings.To reschedule or request a refund for cancellation due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances call 703-698-2441. Classes not rescheduled within 30 days of cancellation will automatically be refunded to the credit card used for registration. These non-registrant initialed cancellations, refunds and transfers will not incur a 20% processing fee.What to bring:
Feel free to bring a swaddle blanket to follow along during the instructor demonstration. Swaddle blankets will NOT be provided on-site.
Please bring a printed or electronic copy of your confirmation email to your class.